View the original post
Jared Spool has been doing and defining UX long before many of us existed and/or even knew what it was. He invites us in to hear his fascinating yet seldom discussed UX origin story. He reveals how and why we’re all UX designers. He demystifies the arduous and often frustrating process of landing a job in UX. He articulates what it means to learn how to learn. He addresses the important, but oft-forgotten business part of the design business. He also inspires us to be great design leaders by illustrating what one actually looks like.
- Jared’s Compelling UX Origin Story (5:56)
- How Do You See the UX Job Landscape Evolving? (14:50)
- UX’ers Have to Do What We Promised (17:31)
- Is Everyone a UX Designer? (24:57)
- If Design is a Team Sport, How Does the Team Win? (35:30)
- What Makes a Great Design Leader? (38:40)
- The Most Important Thing Designers Should be Learning (46:22)
- Best Advice for Designers Trying to Break In and Getting Rejected? (52:10)
- UX Superhero Name (1:09:23)
Check out the detailed show notes including mentioned links, transcript and Eli Jorgensen’s astonishing superhero artwork at userdefenders.com/072
This episode is brought to you by Webflow: The modern way to build for the web. Get a great, Defenders-exclusive offer of 10% off your annual subscription at userdefenders.com/webflow using code USERDEFENDERS. Hurry, offer expires on Halloween (10/31/20)!