Categories
Data

Designing Data Beyond the Dashboard

View the original postWhen we think about Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, countless metrics, endless reports, and complex dashboards come to mind. Companies invest hours upon hours data-diving in search of the ‘game-changing insights’ that will drive growth. Research predicts that by 2022 only 20% of analytic insights will deliver business outcomes. The other 80% of BI […]

Categories
Data UX Research

Why are so few product managers user researchers or data scientists?

View the original post And why that should change Continue reading on UX Planet »

Categories
Data

Potential Dangers of Becoming Data Driven

View the original post<p class="author">By <a href="https://www.uxmatters.com/authors/archives/2021/01/dimitris_niavis.php">Dimitris Niavis</a></p> <p>Over the past decade, more and more organizations have been doing their best to become data driven. This is a huge and much-awaited mindset leap—especially given corporate dinosaurs’ typical way of thinking: “I’m the HiPPO (Highest Paid Person in the Office) and my gut tells me this […]

Categories
Data

You are not your data but your data is still you

View the original postRegardless of the types of information it encompasses, privacy is about controlling which pools of data are protected, writes tech anthropologist Tricia Wang. If the operative word for privacy is ‘control’, then personhood is all about agency. Personhood is the agency to determine one’s own life decisions and outcomes. Personhood is tied […]

Categories
Data

How to Generate Synthetic Data with Sketch

View the original postExcited about synthetic data? Maybe you’ve read my article about how design fits into the machine learning process, and the power of synthetic data. When you don’t have access to a clean public dataset, generating synthetic data can be a powerful way to bootstrap your models. And synthetic data has its advantages. […]

Categories
Data

5 powerful Google Analytics alternatives with a free option

View the original postIf you’re looking to track usage on your site or app, but are starting to feel uneasy with letting Google see everything under the hood, fear not! There are a number of high powered Google Analytics alternatives that are either free or offer free tiers with features can match or even beat […]

Categories
Data research

Writing Next-Level Surveys: How to Get “Story Data” from Static Questions

View the original post Surveys sometimes get a bad rap (and for good reason). Here are a few ways you can level up your survey game.

Categories
Data research

How to Write (Better) Survey Questions: Systems for Collecting Clean and Meaningful Data

View the original post Write survey questions that get the insights you need with this simple framework.

Categories
Data Mobile research

How T-Mobile Used dscout to Harness Qual Data on Their Team’s (Lean) Timeline

View the original post T-Mobile’s Andrea Lindeman takes us through two transformative use cases for longitudinal, in-context research.

Categories
Data research

LexisNexis on Uniting Data, Emotion, and Ethics in Legal UX Research

View the original post Jeanette Fuccella from LexisNexis on the power of video ethnography to break down stereotypes and inspire understanding.