Categories
research

How I became a UX Researcher. Part 2

View the original post

In the last post, I stopped at the fact that my partner and I found a business idea that we have been looking for for so long.

Connected points.

And what is symbolic, this is a problem that my idea solves — it has accompanied me for 2 projects.

First time I had an online educational product launch agency. We had a peculiarity that we wanted to release new products very quickly and extend the customer’s LTV, constantly inviting him to continue buying products from us and going through our sales funnel. With so many products that we wanted to make — we had to talk a lot with customers. And, in fact, when I gave tasks to my team, like: «We need to understand which product we will make next, you need to find out what our customers lack in current products».

And then, I didn’t even know what it was called research. I just acted intuitively and understood that we absolutely needed to communicate with our clients.

But this is not the main point. There were a lot of products, which means there was also research. And the fact is that each study, as I already understand it in retrospect, we used only 20% when the product manager makes the final report. And the remaining 80% of insights are hidden inside the recorded Zoom interview. And that was a very big problem.

After 3 months of such reports, I realized that our studies were beginning to overlap, and we were doing the work that we had already done before.

Why am I telling about this?

To smoothly lead to what led to the creation of the Qulap product. It is a platform whose main idea was to democratize research and a toolkit to significantly optimize qualitative analysis processes. A tool that every researcher would like to receive.

We understood our unique selling point and started moving forward. I made a layout in Figma, designed a presentation and went to make appointments and sell. We had a hypothesis that if we can sell it quickly, then it makes sense to continue working on this project.

In the first month we get to sell a product for almost $1500. It was fantastic. But the most interesting thing is that at the time of the sale — we had nothing. No platform, no understanding of how we are going to do it.

As a result, we learned the No-Code Bubble platform in a week and start developing there, on our own. A week later, we had a finished product that our customers used.

And most importantly, they really liked our product!

I will stretch this story for another third part, because I want to convey in all colors what was then and what I felt.


How I became a UX Researcher. Part 2 was originally published in UX Planet on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.